So, since I last posted, I have:
- Finished two summer classes --including, ewwww, chemistry-- and got A's in both.
- Worked more than ever before (30+ hours a week), which was a definite change of pace from my old, lazy summer days in years past.
- Started my sophomore year of college!
- Purchased a $700 dressmaker's mannequin for my sewing classes. Yes, it was required. And yes, I am in love with it. More on that later.
- Gotten a second job as a tailor (!!!) at a dress store called Formal Fantasy. In order to be more responsible and actually earn a decent amount of money, I'm also staying on at American Eagle. Lots of hours plus lots of homework? Bring it on.
- Started learning how to drape, and I am in love. My draping class is intense; we have to drape, create the pattern, transfer, cut and sew a bodice and skirt in muslin. Every. Week. I am absolutely loving it, though, and there's pretty much no kind of homework I enjoy more than the sewing kind.
Okay, I think that's everything. With all the exciting things I have happening, I have more content to blog about than ever. So it's my goal to start up again, and this time, stick with it for good- no more month- long breaks from posting!
To wrap it up, here's a quick picture of me and the boyfriend over the summer. We're both wearing something I made: for me it's the patterned shorts, and for him it's the button down. Have a great week, you guys :)