Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cool apparel stuff around the web.


I love it when I find great articles about clothes, or sewing, or anything relating to the apparel industry. And hey, a few of these are kind of science-y, too, for all you folks who like that kind of thing :) Hope you find these as interesting as I do!

Source.
This article about bio-textiles is amazing; this woman is trying to figure out how to create fabric that's grown from tea solutions! And her creations are beautiful, in my opinion.

Adorable/inspiring article about an 8-year-old who wears a different historical costume every day. I wish I had been this cool as an 8-year-old!

My personal favorite; textiles that dissolve in water. Apparel design students at this university in London collaborated with engineering students to develop a water-soluble fabric, and they created a stunning wedding dress out of it. The cool part's that the dress can break down into 5 different looks, finally leaving a corset-like piece that will never dissolve. It's beautiful.

Hope everyone's having a great week! If you have any awesome apparel/sewing/clothes links I'd love to see them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I wish I had dressed up like that when I was 8 too! I was already obsessed with history! As for the dissolving wedding dress, how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete