Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quick Update

So in the past few days, I've been really, really productive. I've had to work a lot (haven't had a day free off from work or school in.... Umm... I think two weeks). However, I still managed to cut out Andy's pajama pants (with the plaid perfectly matched!) and sew them in two days.

I think that's the quickest I've finished a project in a long time. And guys? It felt awesome. I know that pajama pants aren't exactly the trickiest thing to make, but still. I loved going straight from cutting the pieces out to constructing; normally I take a few day's downtime in between these steps, for some reason. I loved watching them come together and being able to give him the finished product within the same week.

Then, a few days ago, I went to a garage sale and scored a garbage bag full of fabric- probably around 20 yards total- for $5. Some of it's hideous, but the majority is actually really great; several vintage floral bedsheets, and yards and yards of lace (including a huge piece of crazy violet lace that MUST be made into a party dress). All this new fabric seriously got my creative juices flowing; I'm so excited to start new projects from it!

Expect to see more soon. I'm gonna force the boyfriend to do a photo shoot in his pj pants. Hope you guys have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! A photo shoot please! I'm so jealous you managed to match the plaid, I've always ebded up with patterns always slightly off. One day!

    ReplyDelete