Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Fashionary Arrived!

I don't know if you've heard of Fashionary before, but if not, get yourself over to their site and check it out. Because I just got mine in the mail, and as a design student, I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've ever spent money on (outside of my sewing machine, I mean!).


Some of the technical drawing reference pages. Handy dandy.

It's basically just a sketchbook, but instead of having perfectly blank pages, it has three croquis (women's figures) per page. They're ultra-faint, so you could just draw right over them if you wanted to- but if, like me, you're awful at drawing proportionate bodies, you have a guide to work from!


Experimenting with Sharpie. I'm gonna sew up the dress on the far left for a denim design competition next semester.


So naturally, since my Fashionary arrived, I've been wasting too much time drawing clothes. I'm justifying it to myself since I am currently working on my first-ever self designed project (!!!!!!) and I needed inspiration, but still. 


P.s..... One of these drawings will appear on the blog soon, in completed garment form :) I'm keeping the chosen design to myself right now, though. You know, gotta have that element of surprise. 




Even if design's not really your thing, this is still a fun sketchbook to have around. I'm seriously in love with mine- I can hardly wait to fill it up with all my dream clothes! Thanks for looking at all these sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment